Skip to main content
Topic: Looking at a 1990 26 ft LD (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Looking at a 1990 26 ft LD
Yahoo Message Number: 48952
We are looking at a used 1990 26ft LD on the net.  I am trying to get an idea of the floorplan.  The owner had 3 pictures on the net that showed the driver and front area well...but I am hazy on the back section.

He said it had a corner bed with the bath in the back.  I have gone to the factory webpage...but of course those floor plans are for current models.

I just can't picture the bed and bath both being in the back.

Can anyone help?
 We are thinking of driving some 700 one way to purchase it and really want to make sure before we make the trip.

Thanks!!

Re: Looking at a 1990 26 ft LD
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 48957
Quote from: inprayerdaily2000"

(snip) "He said it had a corner bed with the bath in the back."

That's the Multi-Plan which was discontinued in the mid-90's. Many people on this board currently have and love them and many who once did would love to be able to order another, newer one.

The "bed" (a convertable couch that becomes a double bed) is on the curb side of the rear. The bath is opposite behind a folding door. Very basic: toilet and shower.
 Up front the dinette is on the street side with the kitchen & fridge opposite on the curb side.

Anne

Looking at a 1990 26 ft LD
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 48960
"He said it had a corner bed with the bath

in the back."

That's the Multi-Plan which was discontinued in the mid-90's.

There is a picture of this floor plan in the photos section...go to the main page, click on "Photos," then click on "Show All."  Scroll down to the "Multiplan" picture.  This is for a 1984 model, but I imagine the floor plan didn't change too much over the years.

Linda & Earl 2004 23.5'  Red TK From Quartzsite, AZ
Linda Hylton

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Looking at a 1990 26 ft LD
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 48986
Dear Anne and Linda:  Thank you so much for your post.  I did find the Multi Plan picture.  However, this 1990 LD is not set up that way from the few pictures he has on his sale ad.

As you enter the coach,  the dining table is opposite you.  Beside the dining table (going to the rear of the coach) is the stove/oven and then the sink.
 As you enter the coach, there are 2 chairs immediately to your right with a table between them.  Immediately to your left is the fridge and then a small wardrobe (going to the read of the coach)
 As best as I can tell from his description, there is a corner double bed in the back (not the couch).  The toilet/shower (simple unit) is across the back the literally touches the side of the bed about 1/2 way up.  The bath sink is across from the bed (on the same wall as the stove and sink.
 I have found a Born Free mid 1990's floor plan that looks fairly close to his description of the back.  I was just hoping someone may have (or have had) this model to make sure.  I wish I was better at this computer stuff so I could paste a copy of the Born Free floorplan.

If I could get verification that this back area is as the Born Free is set up...we would drive the 700 miles this weekend and buy it.  We have looked for so long.  I just feel like it is "the one".  I have just fallen in love with Lazy Daze.
 Thanks again for all the help.  The folks here are the same class act as the coach!!

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 48990
"If I could get verification that this back area is as the Born Free is set up...we would drive the 700 miles this weekend and buy it."
 Rather than ask questions about other, possibly similar coaches, why not simply call up the seller of this one and ask? Better still, ask the seller to email you more pictures.
Anybody who wants to sell a rig should be happy to provide that kind of information to a serious potential buyer, and getting your information from the horse's mouth is always best.

Andy Baird
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 48991
Dear Anne and Linda:  Thank you so much for your post.  I did find the Multi Plan picture.  However, this 1990 LD is not set up that way from the few pictures he has on his sale ad.

Hello, I saw your original post about the m26 lazy daze and have
seen one of these.  There is one for sale on rvregistry.com if you put in class c and then lazy daze he does have a few pictures of it.  I have seen this coach, and yes it had a fixed double bed in it on the passenger side and the bathroom was across on the drivers side almost touching the bed.  It was exactly how you described the one you are thinking about.  Probably the same one I was thinking about.  The bed in the one I saw does not make into a couch, the couples son used it and travelled back there as he was disabled and the couple slept in the overhead bunk.  It worked well for them and I would have worked well for me.  He still has it for sale as I think he was asking too much but it might give you a small idea what one looks like inside. The lounge chairs in the front were not attached and could be easily taken out.  I'm not sure what model this was but it was also a 1990 and a ford chassis.  Hope this helps you as yes there was another floor plan back then as I have seen it but not sure what it was called.
Mary m not

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 48993
Thank you Andy and Mary:
 Andy:  My husband has talked with the owner over the phone.  (A very nice older gentleman) But my husband had a hard time understanding him.  We have tried emailing him as well to get additional pictures...but I am not sure how computer savy he is...because we have never gotten a response from the email.

Mary:  This is exactly the info I needed.  Thank you so much.  The Lazy Daze name, along with this floorplan  etc is really adding up to exactly what we need.  It is an older coach, but it looks like it has been well cared for.  (even garaged)  Again, this is from pictures, but if someone is going to go to the trouble of keeping it indoors ..
I believe that should say a lot about the interior and rest of the coach.  IHMO

We look forward to joining your ranks soon!

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 48995
Mary:

I double checked with my husband and it is the unit on RV Registry that we are looking at.  The older couple live in Wisconsin.  Are you saying that you have actually seen this exact unit or one just like it?   The older gentleman that my husband talked with was very nice, but my husband is hard of hearing so I don't know if he could not hear him or if the older gentleman talked softly.

If this is the exact same RV, so you have any idea of the condition of the interior.  The pictures looked wonderful.  I realise that is has been used...so it won't be perfect...but if the interior is as nice as the exterior...we will be making a drive next weekend.  (if he has not sold it by then)
 Yes, I agree the price is a little inflated.  But he has done such a wonderful job of caring for it  (especially if the interior is as nice as the exterior) I am sure it would be hard for him to part with this unit for much less.

Thanks again.  Our son  (13) also has a disability and will be traveling with us for many years.  I think this coach is one we could spend many happy years in.

Linda (Tennessee)

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 48996
If you haven't already, you should read our Frequently Asked Questions document "How do I shop for a used LD?" (http://tinyurl.com/4qfq2>). It has important general information, plus an invaluable checklist that you can print out and take with you when inspecting a used rig. This will help ensure that you don't overlook crucial items (like over-age tires) that can be expensive to replace.

Andy Baird
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 49002
Thanks Andy:  I will give it to my husband to have with him.  They just put new tires on this unit.  (They did have a blow out.)  One thing I have learned reading these notes is that tread is not the deciding factor, as much as age and use.  Thanks again!!

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 49003
Mary:

I double checked with my husband and it is the unit on RV Registry that we are looking at.  The older couple live in Wisconsin.  Are you saying that you have actually seen this exact unit or one just like
Linda, yes this is the same unit.  I even drove it.  I would hope you would offer him less because in all honesty it diitn't have any extras that I was interested in.    It drove nice, didn't have a huge amount of power but my 1990 ford van doesn't also have a huge amount of power.  I had no problem handling it and it was easy to turn for me.  But I have driven big vehicles like this before so I had no fear of doing it.  Everything I tried out worked, ac, I believe it had a swamp cooler if I recall.  The only really extra thing it had was a step on the license plate for cleaning the front windows.  I do recall a ding on the outside of it but that really didn't make much difference to me.  They have not used it extensively lately as their son was sick so its been sitting for a while.  While stored inside I thought it could have used some wax but that still didn't deter me.  I was looking for a generator, solar panels, etc and this didn't have any.  I think a good selling price would have been under 20,000 but he wouldn't budge.  He said he rather keep it than sell it for that amount.  ANd then it would sit.  I know they bought it new in 1990 and it only had 39000 miles or so on it.  Not used too much but I would hope it wouln't be sitting all that time too.  The inside was very clean, and well maintained if that is what you are interested in. I dont remember what the tires looked like or if it had valve stem extenders in the back.  I looked at it in the summer so its been for sale for quite a while, probably due to the price.  Anyways that is what I remember if you have any other questions let me know I'll try to answer them.  I would have taken it for less but like I said he wouldn't budge.

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 49004
$30,000 for a 1990 26ft LD is a very high price, indeed!

According to this group's used price estimator, a 1990 26ft LD (15 model years old) should be priced around $17,000.  The Kelley Blue Book's retail price estimate is about $16,000, and NADA average retail estimate is about $12,000.  A 1990 coach is expected to have about 80,000 miles on the odometer, so you should add a bit to your bid to acknowledge the low miles.
 These price estimates, combined with the fact that no buyer has come forward in the several months that this coach has been advertized, should tell the seller that the asking price is too high.

These numbers are only guidelines.  The buyer and seller will determine how much the coach is worth.  However, the KBB and NADA estimates will be used by your bank's loan officer to determine how much they will loan you to purchase the vehicle, and by your insurance company to determine how much to pay in the case the vehicle is a total loss.

Here are three 26ft LDs with asking prices more in line with the estimates.

1990 26ft Mid Bath $19,500 still available 1-7-05 38,000 miles Moreno Valley CA 951-485-8378

1991 26ft Mid Bath $18,500 still available 1-7-05 55,000 miles Yucaipa CA 12-17-04

1989 26ft Rear Bath $16,500 posted 1-3-05 74,000 miles Foster City, CA 650-342-3809 jerryt94 at batnet dot com see Yahoo group Files section

--oryoki

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 49006
$30,000 for a 1990 26ft LD is a very high price, indeed!

According to this group's used price estimator, a 1990 26ft LD (15 model years old) should be priced around $17,000.  The Kelley Blue Book's retail price estimate is about $16,000, and NADA average retail
Thank you Oryoki for your imput.  This is one of the reasons I didn't persue this unit any further.  Not only the fact that the bank didn't know of the make in Wisconsin, but when she finally found out about the make said the price was so inflated they wouldn't loan me the money for it even at 20,000.  They felt it was a very bad risk for a unit that old.
Mary

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 49007
Mary:
 Thank you so very very much.  You completely answered our questions.
We felt it was a great unit and I still think so, but the price is definately an issue.
 I understand that there are limits to what something is worth, but I can also understand his position.  My Dad was just like him.
Anything he owned looked better than new after 15 years and he also put a big price on that pride of ownership.  Of course, if he was still living he would be 100...I think (back then) they just looked at things that way.

A little ding would not deter us.  I understand it being a little underpowered.  We want something small and slow, but dependable....so I can drive it.    The biggest thing I have ever driven was a Chevy C- 10 van.  And since my son and I will be doing some long distance trips on our own  (going to where ever Hubby has already flown to for work)  ....  being dependable is key.

Apparently he has had a blow out since you looked at it, because it has all new tires.
 I know you are not suppose to get "emotionally attached",  but it is just such a wonderful little coach.  And I will confess to being very "emotional".  I have already fallen in love with this little coach.

Believe me, my husband will definately keep me grounded.    We will be paying cash...so bank loan limitations won't be a problem.  But the bank loan limit is definately something to keep in mind as a limit.   We intend to keep whatever we buy for 10 years.  My husband is the kind that will keep it in mint condition.  It will receive a lot of love and won't be abused in any way.

Thanks again for all the help, Mary.  You will never know how much your information was worth to us.

BTW, what did you finally get???

Linda West Tennessee

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 49008
Mary:

Thank you so very very much.  You completely answered our
questions.

We felt it was a great unit and I still think so, but the price is definately an issue.

Linda no problem.  I'm still a wanna be.  Right now I'm driving
sob, some other brand, until I retire in a few months. They I will get one.  But for now driving this smaller one Iknow I need something bigger.  But I've learned so much about ld's that I feel I know what I want and when the time is right I'll find one.  A couple of deals have fallen through my hands I feel confident when the right one comes along I'll know.  I even have my neighbors who will go pick it up for me and drive it back to wisconsin.  So I'm all set.  All I need is a couple more months and I'll be buying.  Good luck and make sure you do stay grounded so to speak and dont get too emotionally attached to something you dont have yet.  TAke the advice of the group and I think you will be okay.
Mary