Skip to main content
Topic: New fabric patterns (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
New fabric patterns
Yahoo Message Number: 48913
Dropped by the factory and noticed that the 05 models have new patterns.  The brown is very different from mine (04) and I have posted a picture in the photo section.  I'd call it a 50's retro look.  Not my cup of tea, but perhaps someone else will love it.
Sorry I did'nt think to get pictures of all the new patterns.
Perhaps someone going to the factory will add the other colors to the album.

Judy
23.5FD

Re: New fabric patterns
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 48923
Dropped by the factory and noticed that the 05 models have new patterns.  The brown is very different from mine (04) and I have posted a picture in the photo section.  I'd call it a 50's retro look.  Not my cup of tea, but perhaps someone else will love it.
Sorry I did'nt think to get pictures of all the new patterns.
Perhaps someone going to the factory will add the other colors to the album.
Judy 23.5FD
Judy, thanks for posting the photo.  One word comes to mind: "slipcovers".

Sharon N.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 48956
(snip) "Dropped by the factory and noticed that the 05 models have new patterns."

Yikes!!! Never seen anything so gawdawful! Were the other colors as bad?

Anne

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 48958
Yikes!!! Were the other colors as bad?
The green/teal was identical in pattern, but the blue was very similar to the previous offering and there was one called tan/rose or plum which I liked.  I don't do blue, so if I were choosing now I'd have one choice I like, actually better than the paint explosion tan/brown that I have.  My reaction to the retro look was similar to those posted here, but I thought someone else might like it.  Any takers?

Judy

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 48964

Yikes!!! Were the other colors as bad?

The green/teal was identical in pattern, but the blue was very similar to the previous offering and there was one called tan/rose or plum which I liked.  I don't do blue, so if I were choosing now I'd have one choice I like, actually better than the paint explosion tan/brown that I have.  My reaction to the retro look was similar to those posted here, but I thought someone else might like it.  Any takers?

Judy
I chose the Tan/Plum for my new baby and like it a lot.  Guess it's just a matter of choice.

Dick -- 26.5RK Red Rover Gonnabe

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 48972
We picked up Drifter on 12/2 with the brown interior and fabric.  The brown fabric was similar to prior years and was certainly NOT this ugly fabric!   Very interesting.....

Ken

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 49009
Just looked at our Blue babydaze going into detail on Monday 10 January.  Pattern looks similar to the 04 with just a hint more blue (less yellow?)  I would have been shocked if they had changed the pattern on me without notice.  Hope no one picked brown thinking the 04 to 05 pattern stayed the same.   When we picked our coach out

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 49013
wrote: "... someone wanting a retro look would love the pattern.  Maybe this is where the Newtons want to take one interior?  If they didn't plan it this way then I agree with Andy, time for a decorator!"
 JMHO, but some retro looks are tasteful, understated and classy; the new upholstery pattern is none of the above!  LD's interiors are more "decorationally challenged" than most manufacturers'; where do they get this stuff?  Do they they have a "pick the upholstery color and pattern" contest and the gaudiest, tackiest, and/or butt-ugly entry wins?  No accounting for taste, of course, but I think that the (pictured) fabric choice is stunningly god-awful, and if my couches were covered in that, I'd probably hurt myself running for some old beach towels to cover it up until I could get (plain) slipcovers made!

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

New fabric patterns
Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 48941
Dropped by the factory and noticed that the 05 models have new patterns.

I only have one word for the new pattern -- YIKES!

Linda & Earl 2004 23.5'  Red TK From Quartzsite, AZ
Linda Hylton

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: New fabric patterns
Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 48953
"I only have one word for the new pattern -- YIKES!"
 What I first said when I saw the photo was somewhat less printable; it involved unnatural acts with a waterfowl. ;-) Not content with "explosion in a paint factory" fabrics, now they offer us "explosion in a hardware store"!
 I don't expect an LD to look like a "House Beautiful" interior, but I really wish the Newtons would hire somebody with at least a modicum of design sense to choose their fabrics. To some extent this is a matter of individual preference, of course...but personally, I find the patterns they're using really distasteful. if I were buying a new LD, my first stop after pickup would not be the Tireman, but an upholstery shop!

Andy Baird
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: New fabric patterns
Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 48955
At 07:08 AM 1/8/2005 +0000, you wrote:

There has been some discussion previously about how wise it would be for LD to hire a designer to select fabric/window/wallcovering/flooring combinations that are appealing and attractive. This would basically be a one-time expense every few years and would in no way affect the quality of the materials, which I assume is excellent. I wasn't crazy about the last incarnation, and this most recent example is positively, uh, "slipcover-worthy," to invoke a Seinfeld punchline. :-)

Sonsie

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 49014
At 07:08 AM 1/8/2005 +0000, you wrote:

There has been some discussion previously about how wise it would be for LD to hire a designer to select fabric/window/wallcovering/flooring combinations that are appealing and attractive. This would basically be a one-time expense every few years and would in no way affect the quality of the materials, which I assume is excellent. I wasn't crazy about the last incarnation, and this most recent example is positively, uh, "slipcover-worthy," to invoke a Seinfeld punchline. :-)

Sonsie

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 49017
Do they they have a "pick the upholstery color

and pattern" contest and the gaudiest, tackiest, and/or butt-ugly entry wins?

LOL!  Reminds me of Regis & Kelly's "Ugliest Sofa" contest!

Linda & Earl 2004 23.5'  Red TK From Quartzsite, AZ
Linda Hylton

New Fabric Patterns
Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 48947
I saw the new patterns when we picked up our new RB on Dec 13th and I agree it wasn't an improvement.  Looked to me like it was only the tan/brown and green/teal that changed.  The patterns looked a bit retro to me.  So if you like 60's stuff you would love it.  We have a 2005 but since we ordered it before the change got the old pattern, thank goodness!