Skip to main content
Topic: Texas Move Over Law (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Texas Move Over Law
Yahoo Message Number: 48900
When approaching an emergency vehicle stopped on the side of the road, you must slow your speed down by 20 MPH (or to 25 mph if greater than the speed limit less 20 mph)or move over to the adjacent lane.
Ross Taylor
2017 MB

Re: Texas Move Over Law
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 48917
"When approaching an emergency vehicle stopped on the side of the road, you must slow your speed down by 20 MPH (or to 25 mph if greater than the speed limit less 20 mph)or move over to the adjacent lane."

Let me add, and they are seriously enforcing it.  (Because half the drivers here don't have the common sense to do it without being forced to.  At least 50% of the remaining half have cell phones stuck in their ears and don't have a clue as to what's going on around them.)

Obviously, this has pressed one of my hot buttons! :^

Re: Texas Move Over Law
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 48946

"When approaching an emergency vehicle stopped on the side of the road, you must slow your speed down by 20 MPH (or to 25 mph if greater than the speed limit less 20 mph)or move over to the adjacent lane."
The same law applies in Florida also, but there wasn't much press on it's implementation.

Just made my last trip through Houston in the LD.  The outer loop tollway is a nice but a long bypass if your headed for San Antonio.
The 610 loop is a rough ride for the LD.  Taking I 10 straight through downtown can be an adventure with all the construction, narrow lanes and usual traffic. Count on an hour at best to get through the city.

Malcolm

Was Florida, Now Texas
2002 Mid Bath