Skip to main content
Topic: Reaching things (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Reaching things
Yahoo Message Number: 48793
I am not short (5'6"), but things at the backs of shelves ARE out of my sight, and flapping about with my hands, finding things by touch, is not always the most expeditious or accurate way of retrieving the desired object.  Sooooo, I use - ta-da - a stool!

Actually it is the Rubbermaid child's size stool, and is very lightweight and easily kept just about anywhere.  I use it to prop up my feet when using the computer on a TV tray, and when he *thinks* he can get away with it, my husband puts his knee pads, bicycle helmet, and other bicycle paraphernalia in it, and shoves it under the dash.
It is not a pretty scene when I find it missing, though!  Note to self:  buy another one!  ;->

Try out different sizes of Rubbermaid bins, especially the three-gallon size; and plastic shoe bins, to corral smallish things on the shelves of the bins over the sofas.  Also works under the sink, and for dishes.  Added bonus:  you can haul the whole thing down to root through it without standing on tippy toes to see into the top cabinets, turning yourself upside down to see into the lower cabinets, or locating the perhaps-errant stool.

Virtual hugs,

Judie SKP #17907