Skip to main content
Topic: Was: tire pressures Now: Tire gu (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Was: tire pressures Now: Tire gu
Yahoo Message Number: 48373
OK - I think I have a good tire guage, but how can I be sure? Where do you go to check? A tire store? Who do you trust? Sarah

Sarah, are you by any chance going to the Spring Escapade?  In the past, the people who weigh rigs (used to be A'Weigh We Go, but I think they are now part of the RV Safety Education Foundation ( www.rvsafety.org ) have had a service whereby they will check the accuracy of your tire gauge.
 I'm sure there are other places where you can have this done, but have no idea where that might be.  Hopefully, someone here will know.

Linda & Earl 2004 23.5'  Red TK From Quartzsite, AZ
Linda Hylton

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Was: tire pressures Now: Tire guages
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 48375
OK - I think I have a good tire guage, but how can I be sure?
Where do

you go to check? A tire store? Who do you trust? Sarah

I think they are now part of the RV Safety Education Foundation ( www.rvsafety.org ) have had a service whereby they will check the accuracy of your tire gauge. ....
Last summer at Life On Wheels, the staff of RV Safety said they no longer provide this service.  There was apparently too much liability.

Linley

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Was: tire pressures Now: Tire gu
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 48376
Last summer at Life On Wheels, the staff of RV Safety said they no longer provide this service.  There was apparently too much liability.

Bummer!  Oh well...thanks for the update.

Linda & Earl 2004 23.5'  Red TK From Quartzsite, AZ
Linda Hylton

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 48412
(snip) . . . Last summer at Life On Wheels, the staff of RV Safety said they no longer provide this service. There was apparently too much liability.. .
 Linley - now I remember you telling me that before. Forgot. Thanks for the links - I'll order one when we get back home or get close to going home.

Sarah

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 48414
(snip) . . . any chance going to the Spring Escapade? In the past, the people who weigh rigs . . .  ( www.rvsafety.org ) have had a service whereby they will check the accuracy of your tire gauge. I'm sure there are other places where you can have this done . . .
 Linda & Earl: thanks for that piece of info! We're going, and I'll be sure to take the guage to have them check it. I think it's a good one, but who knows for sure? We had our LD weighed at the Life on Wheels conference last July, but didn't even think of it then.

Thanks again - Sarah Enjoying the snow in the Berkshires - in a nice warm house.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]