Skip to main content
Topic: mid bath spare location change (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
mid bath spare location change
Yahoo Message Number: 48097
Great historical data above.  Will be adding this information to the document which list the changes, options and modifications by year.

There is another piece of information I am trying to put a date to.
When was the Mid Bath configuration shifted back in the coach to give more room to the drivers seat.  Believe this was the change that also took the spare tire out of the continental kit and put it into a storage area under one of the sofas.

Thanks, Henry
Henry, thats just the kind of info that would be in that LD book I suggested. I did do a quick search in "Art's searchable database" for the answer to your question. It looks like the Mid-bath floorplan was modified in either 1998 or 1999; this was the change to get more room for seat adjustment by moving the fridge toward the rear. You can read some of the old discussions about this around message #840; Someone speculated it happened in 1998, someone else said it was 1999. Good luck with finding the accurate answer.

Steve K.
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Re: mid bath spare location change
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 48103
Quote from: wingale2002"

Great historical data above.  Will be adding this information to the document which list the changes, options and modifications by year.

There is another piece of information I am trying to put a date to.
When was the Mid Bath configuration shifted back in the coach to give more room to the drivers seat.  Believe this was the change that also took the spare tire out of the continental kit and put it into a storage area under one of the sofas.
It definately was not 1998 - that is my model year and I would not trade that wonderful TV table in the rear for the leg room up front; it is so great for both of us to lie down and see TV at eye level.

By my memory I think it happened in 2000.

Gus Weber

Re: mid bath spare location change
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 48220
Steve,
 I added the information you provided to the LD changes vs Year file.

Thanks for the input.

Barry 2001 RB TX (Presently NM with the LD)

mid bath spare location change
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 48102
I know, I know!! [I think]
 I sat in the 2000 floor model MB and said I would never buy it because of the tight seat configuration.  Upon returning to order our RB, were we surprised that the '01 MB had more room.  We now own a 2001 MB....wonder when the change was made...hmmmmm.  The spare tire is in the pax side aft compartment too.

Believe 2001 was the year.

Larry