Skip to main content
Topic: Problem with flexible waste tank wand (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Problem with flexible waste tank wand
Yahoo Message Number: 47920
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the flex cleaning wand, with rotating head, purchased at the LD store? I used mine once and put it in the side storage bin. Opened the bin today and the black plastic end cap with brass spinner had broken off.
Honest, I didn't bent fold or mutilate it, it just done come apart all by itself! You do believe me, don't you?

bumper
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Problem with flexible waste tank wand
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 47923
I believe you!  I've had two of them and they both broke the same way.
I think it's just poor quality construction.

--Al in Bremerton --2002 26.5 MB

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Problem with flexible waste tank wand
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 48023
Hi John Let me tell you a funny one about cleaning the Black Tank. We were in Branson , Mo. makeing all th strip malls and flea markets and found Oxyclean seen it on TV so we bought a small tub and soon headed for Texas we had just crossed the line at Texarkana, sun going down so found a park and setteled in for the night the next AM I was roleing up brakeing camp as it were when Roberta says come here. Being a good hubby I hopped to it. She was going to put a cup full of Oxyclean  in the potty so I held down the peddle while she pored in the stuff and I said go ahead and put in another cup, OK and back to breaking camp a loud voice came from the Coack, Robert you better come look at this. Well by the time I could get into the rig Foam was about to run over the potty so ran to the dump valve yanked it open SWOOSH and looked up foam was squerting out of the vent pipe. There is always something to learn on these trips, Don't put too much Oxyclean in the black tank.
See You Down The Road Robert The best way I know of to get around that wand is to install a flushing valve you can hook a garden hose to has a spray nozzle that extends into the tank, easy to install.