Skip to main content
Topic: converting CDs to MP3 (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
converting CDs to MP3
Yahoo Message Number: 47878
Andy and others suggest converting your music collection from CD to MP3 for playback on an iPod or similar gadget.  Here's a company that will do the work for you for about a dollar a CD:  www.ripdigital.com

The service works like this:  You place your order, they send a box with an empty CD "cake box" inside, you choose the CDs to be copied, put them in the box, and send it to the company.  Remember to insure your shipment!

In a few days you will receive your original CDs plus a few DVDs filled with copies of your music.  Typically 100 CDs = 4 DVDs. Using a PC or Mac, you then transfer the MP3s to your music player.  The MP3 files are tagged with artist, album and genre information.

If you have a large CD collection, you can arrange to have the MP3s recorded to a portable hard drive instead of DVD.

"Your money can't buy happiness, but you can rent it for a while..."

--oryoki

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] converting CDs to MP3
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 47913
Instead of using a service bureau like ripdigital, I use musicmatch jukebox plus from www.musicmatch.com . You can even download a free version with limited features.  I really like it and I have been using it for 3 or more years. You can convert a cd to mp3 files in about 5 minutes on a slow pentium III machine.

John Pochodowicz