Skip to main content
Topic: Got the Call of a Different Type (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Got the Call of a Different Type
Yahoo Message Number: 47800
Hi folks,
 I am the one who has kept you posted on the progress of the painting of my '83TK. I got the call to pick it up from RVstripes.com last Thursday and on the phone Val said: "the coach looked absolutely gorgeous especially after the pinstriping".
 It felt like I was picking up a new one because they did such a good job, it looks new!

Anyway, I have some posted photos (before and after) in the section to give you a taste. There will be more to follow. It is in the albums section under: "Lazy Daze Repainted"

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Total cost: $3,500.00 even.

Dave '83 TK

By the way, as I was finishing the paperwork on mine, Val showed me another LD that she will start painting next week. Is that anyone's from this forum?

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Got the Call of a Different Type
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 47803
On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 00:10 +0000, dateddaze wrote:

It is in the albums section under: "Lazy Daze Repainted"

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Total cost: $3,500.00 even.

Dave '83 TK
It's peachy, Dave! :)

Alex Rutchka, 05MB Gonnabee

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 47804
Dave said: "Anyway, I have some posted photos (before and after) in the section to give you a taste. There will be more to follow. It is in the albums section under: "Lazy Daze Repainted"

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!" Dave

Val is right, Dave! What a great job!! What kind of paint was used? TJ

Dave's New Paint Job - '83 TK
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 47808
Hi folks,

I am the one who has kept you posted on the progress of the
painting of my '83TK.

Dave '83 TK
Beautiful paint job, Dave.  I like your personalized license plate, too.

Is that an in motion TV bubble on the rear of your LD?

Chris Horst
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 47809
I believe it was an acrylic using toupe for the bottom half and cream off white for the top. Then they pinstriped it.

Then again, It could have been a lacquer. I'll have to look at my paperwork. I'm not much on paint, but its very durable.

Re: Dave's New Paint Job - '83 TK
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 47812
Yes it is, but I opted for the "stationary viewing" one. I saw no need to pay the extra $700.00 since I am single and that there would be no one else watching while the coach is moving. It works great though. Just park, turn on your reciever and it will find the sat.