Skip to main content
Topic: Miles Driven per Day - Travel log of an LD family (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Miles Driven per Day - Travel log of an LD family
Yahoo Message Number: 47796
Here is a link to a web site travel log of an LD family:
 http://www.gaidus.com/rvtrips/index.htm

I think that many forum members will enjoy reading it.
Click on a year 1999, 2000, etc to read about the trip taken during that year. The site is much more about the travel experiences and does not talk much about the LD.

These stories are by and about a family that has two boys and the parents (or one parent) are (is) still working.  Apparently their vacation time is limited.  They live in New Jersey, and apparently they loved the Western USA.  Thus, they took a number of trips with long travel days up to 900 miles a day to get out West.

But they have seen and experienced a lot of the West, that some of us who have lived in the West for 35 years have not seen.

They are a very athletic family. There are advantages to RVing when a person is younger and is capable of doing more activities than a somewhat out of shape person of retirement age can do.

Most of us would probably agree that if you can switch off drivers and safely cover the long distance, it would be worth it to have the experiences as a family as opposed to not going at all.  Being retired and having more time to spend at each place and to learn more about that place is an advantage too.

Ken of Ken, Patty, and Stephanie in San Diego

Re: Miles Driven per Day - Travel log of an LD family
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 47806

Here is a link to a web site travel log of an LD family:
 http://www.gaidus.com/rvtrips/index.htm

I think that many forum members will enjoy reading it.
Click on a year 1999, 2000, etc to read about the trip taken during that year. The site is much more about the travel experiences and does not talk much about the LD.....
I enjoyed what I read so far. The Lazy Daze doesn't need a lot of modifications, just hop in and do it.