Skip to main content
Topic: Escapees' Spring Escapade (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Escapees' Spring Escapade
Yahoo Message Number: 47789
For those of you who plan on attending the Spring Escapade in Imperial, CA, the Escapees' web site now has the registration form online.  I signed up yesterday.
 You can find the form here: http://www.escapees.com/store/individualspring.asp?ORC=

Linda & Earl 2004 23.5'  Red TK From Quartzsite, AZ

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Linda Hylton

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Escapees' Spring Escapade
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 47834
Hi Linda & Earl
2-thinks, Yes I would love to attend the spring
 escapade, the las one Roberta and I attended was in Goshen, Indiana in 2000, went from central Texas to Kamloops to Indiand and back to Texas, what a year.
Thats one.
Secondly I sure do want ot go to Quartzsite any suggestions, do all the SKIPs park in the same place, Or the Lazy Daze folks park in the same place? How does it go there? need all the help I can get. Right now we are planing a trip to Florida sometime after the new year got kinfolks in Alabama, Florida well all over the east coast, First Blackard got here (new world) in 1643 and tryed to populate the whole place. anyway I need any help you can give.
Sincerely;

Robert Blackard

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 47843
Secondly I sure do want ot go to Quartzsite any suggestions, do all the SKIPs park in the same place, Or the Lazy Daze folks park in the same place? How does it go there? need all the help I can get. Right now we are planing a trip to Florida sometime after the new year

Robert:
 I know the Lazy Dazers have a get together here in Quartzsite (I think it's the Escapees BOF group), but I don't know where it's held or when.  Maybe someone in this group can let you know, or you can contact Len Philippi at lenphilATearthlink.net to find out.
 As for other SKP groups, many of the BOF groups have GTG's here in Q during the winter, particularly in January when all the shows are going on.  So, decide which group(s) you want to visit, and find out when and where they'll be meeting.  The Boomers, for example, are having their annual Boomerang out on BLM land east of town for 2 weeks starting January 15.  We'll be hangin' out with them for probably the first week.
 There is a SKP GTG for all SKPs every Wednesday at The Stagecoach Restaurant starting at 8 AM.  However, in January, it's so crowded, it's almost not worth going to.  Last year, we stopped going after arriving at about 5 minutes to 8 one Wednesday to find that the introductions were almost over with!  It really p*ssed me off because if they say the meeting STARTS at 8, then it shouldn't be almost OVER by 8!
 When do you plan on being in Q?  As I mentioned, the shows (gem & mineral, swap meets, RV Show, etc.) all happen in January.  There are some shows that extend into the first 2 weeks of February and a few go until the end of February.  There will be vendors here, however, even after the shows are over.  The vendors slowly start leaving by the end of February, so that by the end of March or into April pretty much everyone is gone.  There are some vendors that are here all year (The Main Event).

Linda Hylton

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 47915
Hi Linda &Earl Thanks for the come back. Are youall in a park? Ihave heard that it is hard to find a spot in a park when things are in full swing. Gues it will be a while before we get down that way but will keep in touch.
Thanks again. Have a happy holiday Robert

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 47916
Hi Linda &Earl Thanks for the come back. Are youall in a park? Ihave heard that it is hard to find a spot in a park when things are in full swing. Gues it will be a while before we get down that way but will keep in touch.
Thanks again. Have a happy holiday Robert

No, we are not in a park.  We own a lot here in Q on which we have a small manufactured home.
 If you are planning on coming here in January and want to stay in an RV park, it's best to have reservations.  Now, if you want to dry camp out on BLM land, then no reservations are necessary.

Linda Hylton