Skip to main content
Topic: Window Shade Cord (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
Window Shade Cord
Yahoo Message Number: 47627
Question: Has anyone had the outside covering on the cords that thread through the pull-down window shades fray and come unraveled?  If so, what were you able to do to repair them?  I've swapped a few emails with Steve at the Mother Ship, who advises that the easiest thing is to simply replace the entire shade, rather than try to install a new cord.  If this has happened to you, I'd like to hear about your solution.
 We're on the road and don't have good access to the Group, so please respond via email to wxtoad2 at earthlink dot net.  Thanks very much.

Ted & Liz (sitting on the beach at Edisto Beach State Park, SC) '02 FL  NE 12

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: Window Shade Cord
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 47629
Question: Has anyone had the outside covering on the cords that
thread through the pull-down window shades fray and come unraveled? If so, what were you able to do to repair them?  I've swapped a few emails with Steve at the Mother Ship, who advises that the easiest thing is to simply replace the entire shade, rather than try to install a new cord.  If this has happened to you, I'd like to hear about your solution.

We're on the road and don't have good access to the Group, so please
respond via email to wxtoad2 at earthlink dot net.  Thanks very much.

Ted & Liz (sitting on the beach at Edisto Beach State Park, SC) '02 FL  NE 12
I don't know if this is the same problem, but I've had the cords pull up through the aluminum. My short term fix is to drill a couple of holes through the aluminum base and run a loop of wire to pull down the cord so that it stops unraveling.