Skip to main content
Topic: LD on TV! (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
LD on TV!
Yahoo Message Number: 47516
Hi Gang,

Here I am watching a little reality TV and what do I see?  A LD!  To top it off, it was in Tokyo!  It was on America's Next Top Model, which airs on UPN.  (BTW, my wife is the one who watches it.)  I replayed it over and over again to see what model it was (DVR's are great!).  From the looks of it, it looked like a custom model.  It appeared to be a 23.5' model.  The entry door was right behind the cab, with the kitchen to the immediate left of the entry.  That does not match any current configuration.  From the windows that were visible, it looked like a mirrored 23.5 RL model.
It had the large window on the rear passenger side, then a kitchen sized window about 2 feet away from the larger one, this was the only side shot they showed of it.

The show airs again on Friday, check your local listings.

That's all for now,

-Victor '91 MB Longmont, CO

Re: LD on TV!
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 47517
There are some pictures at the mothership of an LD in Japan.  I can't remember the details but I think they sold a few over there.

What a hoot to see on on TV.

Stay warm Victor,
 Jonna, in Guadalajara - called the city of eternal spring among other nicknames.  It's between 75* and 80* days and around 65* at night and we are about the same altitude as Denver, my GPS says 5230'

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] LD on TV!
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 47518
On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 03:29 +0000, Victor wrote:

... does not match any current configuration.  From the windows that were visible, it looked like a mirrored 23.5 RL model.
It had the large window on the rear passenger side, then a kitchen sized window about 2 feet away from the larger one, this was the only side shot they showed of it.
Since they drive on the left side in Japan, it makes sense that a mirror image LD was built.  The steering wheel would have been on the right side.

Alex Rutchka '05MB Gonnabee

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 47520
I never watch that show.  But, we were channel surfing & came across the show, just at the start.  The part w/ the LD just came in.  They called it "a little Winnie"!!!!!!

Victor wrote:

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 47522
Since they drive on the left side in Japan, it makes sense that a mirror image LD was built.  The steering wheel would have been on the right side.

Alex Rutchka '05MB Gonnabee
I thought the same thing at first, but the coach door was on, what we consider, the passenger side.  So, the door is not curbside to them.  Strange ....
 Oh, forgot to mention.  If you decide to tune in on Friday and don't want to be subjected to the whole show, the LD makes it's appearance about 30 minutes into the show, with the last glimpse about 3-5 minutes later.

-Victor

Re: LD on TV!
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 47523
There are some pictures at the mothership of an LD in Japan.

Stay warm Victor,

Jonna, in Guadalajara - called the city of eternal spring among other nicknames.  It's between 75* and 80* days and around 65* at night and we are about the same altitude as Denver, my GPS says 5230'
Jonna,

I remember someone mentioning that.  When I saw it, I'm like I thought they were in Japan, then I remembered that some got shipped there.

Thanks for the warm thoughts.  Wish I was there with you, sounds great.  Have a few margarita's for me.

-Victor Not quite at mile high, but close at 5090'