Skip to main content
Topic: Help! (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Help!
Yahoo Message Number: 47500
How can I stop every message from showing up in my email. I edited my membership "message delivery" options to "No email" but I'm still being overwhelmed like it changed nothing.

Tom, how long ago did you make the change?  It can take 24 to 48 hours for the change to take place.  Also, did you remember to click on the "save changes" button at the bottom of the page after making the change?

Linda & Earl 2004 23.5'  Red TK From Quartzsite, AZ
Linda Hylton

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Help!
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 47526
Linda and Earl,
 Yep, followed instructions. Maybe because I did it a couple times thinking it didn't take, it delayed working. As of this AM still getting every message.

Tom Gatchell Rig 2360 Prescott, AZ

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Help!
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 47529
Thanks Al, I'll wait a sort while. Going away next week and can't have that kind of volume coming in.

Tom

Re: Help!
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 47541
Yahoo has been very slow to update users settings in recent months--it may take as long as three or four days. Based on the experience of others, your best bet is to just leave it alone once you have made the initial change, and wait it out. I can't think of any reason why the changeover should not be instantaneous, but that's Yahoo for you. ;-)

Andy Baird
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Help!
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 47547
Knowing Yahoo's inefficiency, the next time we leave town I plan to shut off the e-mails several days in advance.  If Yahoo gets efficient and shuts it off quickly, I'll just read e-mails on the website until we leave.  That should keep my in box from getting filled up with hundreds of e-mails.

--Al in Bremerton --2002 26.5 MB

Re: Help!
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 47549
"Knowing Yahoo's inefficiency, the next time we leave town I plan to shut off the e-mails several days in advance. If Yahoo gets efficient and shuts it off quickly, I'll just read e- mails on the website until we leave."
 That's probably sensible. But remember that there's always a third alternative: digest mode, in which you get one big email per day. That works well for some folks.

Andy Baird
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"